It is the perfect edition for the small to mid-size business owner or the complex, self-employed power users that need to link all their information, clients, and sensitive files and keep it all safe. This operating system comes with all the basics of the trusted Home edition and adds all the security, compatibility, and connectivity that businesses trust to protect all their sensitive information.
Not the right Windows 10 product you were looking for? Check out our selection of additional Microsoft Windows 10 software today.
Windows 10 Features
As stated earlier, Windows 10 Pro comes with all the features of the Home edition, and adds the best and most sophisticated business features available for retail sale. Windows 10 Home edition came with 20 brand new features (like Cortana, the rebirth of the Start menu, Microsoft Edge just to name a few) and the extras in Pro just knock it out of the park.
- Domain Join. This feature also includes Azure Active Directory (this feature is for single sign on to cloud services). This feature allows for the registration of all users and devices that run Windows 10 Pro and have the proper authorization to the central database. These devices include printers, security controls, computers, and user accounts. That central database is just one or more computers designated for the overseeing of the domain.
- Group Policy Management. This feature centralizes the management and configuration of the operating system, apps, and all the user settings. This configuration can be so specific that it can limit particular app publishers or certain versions.
- BitLocker. This is the full disk encryption program included in 10 Pro. This encrypts entire drives of information and gives three different authentication modes. Transparent Operation Mode. This maintains the encrypted information as hidden until proper boot by the user. User Authentication Mode. This is the users’ ability to use a PIN or password in order to access the encrypted information. USB Key Mode. This is the case where the authorized user has a USB flash drive that acts as a key to access to information.
- Remote Desktop. This is the ability to remotely connect and control another device.
- Device Guard. By creating code integrity policies to govern Device Guard, it will function in two modes. Apps, plug-ins, and add-ons are blocked unless previously specified; or All apps, plug-ins, and add-ons are trusted unless previously specified
- Hyper-V. This gives the user the ability to section off a portion of the hard drive as a virtual PC. This allows for the building and testing off apps and software that won’t jeopardize the actual machine.
- Enterprise Mode. This is a mode on your internet browser that mirrors older versions of the browser so that compatibility isn’t an issue across various versions.
- Updates. This operating system allows for the scheduling of updates for off business hours so that it doesn’t affect daily productivity.
Why does your business needs 10 Pro?This version offers all the extra features that a modern business needs to properly conduct their day to day dealings and communications with ease. It has key security upgrades that allows the business and its customers to feel safe in knowing that the business is doing all that it can to guarantee file and information security. It gives a large amount of flexibility so that the user/business is able to customize the operating system so they can make the system fit their needs. It also gives the user/business state of the art connectivity capabilities so that your help desk can be one of the best.
by Mónika Gedei Kovács
As advertised, great